Greek Chicken Pasta Salad with Zucchini Noodles
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad made with zucchini noodles, juicy chicken, artichokes, tomatoes, olives, onions, feta, and tossed with fresh herbs and quick greek salad dressing for a light, flavorful, and healthy pasta salad. Perfect for BBQs, potlucks, and an easy lunch or dinner. Gluten free, low carb, and paleo and Whole30 friendly without the cheese.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 10 heaping cups
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more for coating
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 medium zucchini, spizalized into half moon shapes (900 grams)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (300 grams)
- 1 cup diced red onion (120 grams)
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, halves (125 grams)
- 1 can (14 ounces) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 heaping cup crumbled feta (2 1/2 ounces) (leave off for paleo/Whole30)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh dill, rough chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
Add the chicken tenders, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon oregano, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix until chicken is coated. Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add chicken and cook for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until golden brown and cooked through.
While the chicken cooks, prep your veggies. Cut off ends of your zucchini and then cut a slit lengthwise halfway though the zucchini. This will create half moon shapes when you spiralize it. Run through the spiralizer with using the thicker noodle shape attachment (mine is blade B on my Inspiralizer). Chop the tomatoes, onions, olives, and add them to bowl along with the artichoke hearts and feta. Chop parsley, mint, and dill and set aside.
Make the dressing by adding the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to a small jar. Mix well to combine.
Once chicken is done, roughly chop and add to the large bowl with the veggies. Pour the dressing over it and mix well to combine. Add the fresh herbs and mix one more time. Serve and enjoy!
Leave off the feta cheese for Paleo and Whole30
Make pasta salad one day in advance to let the flavors marinate overnight. We love it this way!
Serving: 1heaping cup | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Potassium: 479mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 23.1mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 0.7mg