A healthy and gluten free spin on Buffalo Chicken Tenders! They take 30 minutes and are paleo & Whole30 approved – perfect for lunch, dinner, or tailgating!
Make sure to check out the video below to see how easy they comes together!
It’s my birthday this weekend and I’m celebrating with the best way I know how – buffalo chicken tenders!!! What else could you want on your birthday? Chocolate cake, a cupcake, a brownie…? Presents?! Nah, buffalo chicken all the way!
Honestly I was trying to make some kind of brownie, but I am definitely not a baker. And I wanted them to be good for you (or at least not a sugar bomb) so that makes it even harder. I made a batch and they were good, but were more like a cake texture and not sweet enough. I enjoyed them, but I brought some to my friend who loves sweets and she was like nah, I don’t even want them. So yeah, definitely need some work before I share with y’all.
But I figured buffalo chicken is the next best thing!! At least in my mind, it’s one of my favorite foods. I grew up eating chicken wings with my dad and love just about anything spicy. My love for buffalo anything runs pretty deep – you can tell from all the recipes I have with it (twice baked sweet potatoes or casserole).
These buffalo chicken tenders are based off these pistachio coconut chicken tenders that are legit. I changed up the recipe a little and added some spices to kick up the heat and viola. These guys are baked and not fried and are paleo and Whole30 approved! I’ve been eating them straight up dipped in Primal Kitchen ranch, in a salad, or in a wrap. They would be perfect to make ahead for a tailgate or for Sunday football action too! Who is ready for some football?!
Check out the video to see how easy they come together!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- 1.75 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce*
- 2/3 cups raw cashews
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional for serving: carrots, celery, ranch, hot sauce...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cashews to a Vitamix, high powered blender, or food processor. Pulse until nuts are coarsely ground, but still a little texture remains, about 30 seconds.
- Set up an assembly line. Mix together the ground cashews, coconut shreds, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and salt and pepper and place on a plate. Have the coconut flour in a separate shallow bowl or plate. Mix together the whisked eggs and hot sauce in a shallow bowl.
- Bread the chicken by putting it in the coconut flour. Roll around until fully covered. Then dip it in the egg mixture, fully coating. Last, roll in the cashew mixture, fully coating. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with ranch or sauce of choice.
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!