A healthy and easy way to make pizza, these Sweet Potato Pizzas use only 5 ingredients and are primal, naturally gluten free, and grain free!
Pizza!! Does anyone else have the dilemma that they live with someone that could eat pizza everyday? That is my boyfriend. I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem for some, but there is no way eating pizza multiple times a week would fly for me. I love it on occasion, but can only eat so much bread and cheese without feeling bloated and sluggish.
That is where this recipe for sweet potato pizzas comes from. Instead of the unhealthy refined carbohydrate filled crust, I swapped it out for sweet potatoes! I know you can use gluten free crust, but none of those really remind me of true east coast style crust that I love. The crust is my favorite part, so why bother eating it if it doesn’t satisfy my cravings. On the other hand, I could eat sweet potatoes all day. So I figured why not just make them the crust. And it worked! I find these hold up a lot better than zucchini pizza crusts that you might have seen on the interwebs.
These sweet potato pizzas would be a perfect fill for your weekly family pizza night. The key is to just find fat enough sweet potatoes so when you slice them into rounds, you have enough area for the toppings! I did the classic sauce and cheese, but you can really add anything.
Now that football season is around the corner (how it is already September?!), these pizzas would also be perfect for watching your favorite team on Sunday! Michael ate these up, so they are guy approved! I’m sure kids would love them too! I used get down on bagel bites as an after school snack, but these would be the perfect healthy swap.
Check out the video on how to make them!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potato slices with avocado oil and salt and pepper. Spread them out evenly on the baking sheets, with about 1 inch between slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and then bake for 10 for minutes. They should be golden brown.
- Top each slice with about a teaspoon to tablespoon of pizza sauce (depending on how big the slices are) and a sprinkle of cheese. Bake for another 3-5 minutes until melted.
- Top with fresh basil and red pepper flakes if you want. Enjoy!
What are some of the foods that you or your loved ones could eat everyday?