Four ingredients make this paleo & vegan Pomegranate Peppermint Coconut Bark, a perfect healthy treat for the holidays or a great homemade gift to give.
We are a little over a week out from Christmas and I still have a lot of shopping to do! I pretty much don’t have any gifts for anyone yet. I think I have an idea of what to get most people, but I’m still clueless on my dad and Michael. I always get my dad some kind of chocolate or candy since he is a chocolate/dessert/anything sweet obsessed. My healthy remakes usually don’t make the cut for him haha.
But, I do think this pomegranate and peppermint bark will make the cut! They get here next week and I’m keeping some in the freezer for him to try. So if you are reading this dad, I hope you are ready for some treats! I might make you these peppermint macaroons as well. I’ll keep you guys posted via my Instagram on how it goes 😉
For the coconut bark, I made homemade coconut butter, which is a lot cheaper than buying the store bought. I threw coconut flakes and coconut oil into my Vitamix and blended until smooth. It takes a handful of minutes, but you want that perfect creamy consistency. You can also use a high powered blender or food processor. If you are pressed for time, you can use store bought. Then you just add the rest of the ingredients and let it chill in the freezer or fridge.
This bark really couldn’t be easier, and I’m all about easy recipes around the holidays. And if you still need some last minute gift ideas, this would be great for a homemade holiday gift!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½-1 teaspoon peppermint extract, depending on taste
- ⅛ cup pomegranate arils
- Add coconut oil and coconut flakes to a Vitamix or high powered blender or food processor. Processor for 5-10 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides, until a smooth butter-like consistency forms. Add peppermint extract and blend to combine, about 30 seconds.
- Line a small glass dish (about 8x6) with parchment paper and spread out coconut mixture to ¼-1/2 inch thick, smoothing the top. Sprinkle pomegranates evenly over coconut, pressing down into mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer for 1-3 hours until hardened. Break into small pieces.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
Let me know!
Do you have all your shopping done?
Who is the hardest to shop for?