Combine fresh mango, oats, and chia seeds to make this creamy Cinnamon Mango Overnight Oats and look forward to breakfast in the morning!
Hi there! Life has been crazy busy lately. I have been messing around with new recipes though, which is good news. If only I had time to actually take some half decent pictures and write them down. Hopefully soon enough I will have some more free time on my hands and doing what I love 🙂
It’s starting to get pretty hot here in Texas, which is understandable since it is practically August. The beginning of the summer was really cool, but it is definitely starting to heat up now. So if you don’t feel like turning on your stove top to cook some eggs, this is perfect. It is also great for people on the go. You make it the night before, put it in a jar, and then grab it in the morning on your way out the door.
Feel free to hit that snooze button for an extra 20 minutes now that breakfast is already made. I also really enjoy eating this after a workout. It has protein and carbs, while not too much fat, to help you replenish your amino acids and glycogen stores that you lost during your workout. This is key if you want to make those #gains.
The chia seeds help to make these overnight oats a more pudding like consistency. And yes, chia as in those chia pets that were popular in the 90s. They can absorb up to 10-12 time their weight in water (crazy!), which helps makes the gel-like consistency. Chia seeds are the second to highest source of omega-3 fatty acids, just following after flax seeds.
They are prized for their ability to provide sustainable energy and was long cherished as an endurance food by Native Americans. They are also very high in antioxidants and fiber. Eating them with breakfast will give you energy to tackle your day and also help you stay full longer with all the fiber.
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- ⅓ cup (66 grams) diced mango
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (I used natural flavored)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup organic old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Place milk and diced mango in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the protein powder, vanilla, and cinnamon and blend a few more seconds until incorporated.
- Add mixture to a seal proof jar or container. Add oats and chia seeds and shake for 30 seconds or so.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 8+ hours.
- Wake up, grab your jar, and breakfast is ready. I topped mine with some more diced mango and cinnamon, but eat it as is or top with whatever you feel like!
I go through phases with my breakfasts, sometimes sweet and sometimes savory. What is your favorite way to eat breakfast?